Planning & Community Development
Land Resource Management Plan
The complete content of the Champaign County Land Resource Management Plan is available on the documents page.
The Champaign County Land Resource Management Plan (LRMP) will guide land use related decisions of appointed and elected County officials over a 20-year projected timeframe.
The Plan will include all areas of the County except lands that are located within corporate limits of a municipality or lands that are designated for non-rural land use in an adopted municipal comprehensive plan. The Plan will be used by the County Board, its committees, the Zoning Board of Appeals and County staff.
The development of the LRMP can help shape a shared understanding of issues among key players. A County Land Resource Management Plan will provide:
- a baseline of information regarding existing conditions and land use trends in the County;
- a frame of reference to assess County trends;
- a policy framework for making specific decisions related to land use in the County;
- a principled basis for County participation in land-use decisions made by others;
- a means of educating leaders and the general public regarding conditions and land use trends in the County; and
- advance notice to landowners and developers of County government preferences, expectations and policies regarding land use and development.