- The next scheduled RPC Commission meeting will be Friday, January 23, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. in the John Dimit Conference Room, Brookens Administrative Center.
News, Updates, and Events
Planning & Community Development
- Sustainable Choices 2040, the Champaign-Urbana Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) received final approval from the CUUATS Technical and Policy Committees in December 2014.
- C-CARTS, the Champaign County Area Rural Transit System, is now available to persons traveling in rural Champaign County and from areas of rural Champaign County to Champaign-Urbana-Savoy.
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) collection options for residents. Learn about the CCRPC project to identify a strategy to improve HHW collection options in a seven-county area of east central Illinois. Visit the project website at hhw-ccrpc.info for information about potential local initiatives for review.
- Electronics Recycling Guide for residents in or nearby Champaign County. Area residents have limited local options to recycle
unwanted televisions and tube monitors. Click here to find out where to take these and other unwanted electronics items for recycling/reuse.
- The Final FY 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) was amended by the CUUATS Technical and Policy Committees in December 2014.
- The Final FY 2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) was modified in December 2014.
- The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is pleased to announce the release of the 2012 Champaign County Statistical Abstract. The abstract is available through the RPC website and a limited number of printed copies are available for $5.00.
- INVITATION FOR BID WEATHERIZATION MATERIAL BID NOTICE. All bid packets must be completed and returned to the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission office no later than 12:30PM on December 19, 2014. Click here to view the notice.
- Champaign County Continuum of Care Approves HUD NOFA FY14 Projects. Click here to view the list of approved projects.
- Beginning September 2nd, low-income seniors (60+) and persons with permanent disabilities can make appointments to receive Winter Heating Assistance through the LIHEAP program.
Those with pending disability status with Social Security are also eligible (must provide documentation).
For more details, Click here.
- Champaign County Continuum of Care conducts survey of the area's homeless population.
to view the official press release.
- The Housing Weatherization
program is now accepting applicants!
- "Ludlow Officials to do Prep Work to Secure Water Main Grant" – Rantoul Press (January 13, 2015)
- "Top Stories - Ludlow to Replace Water Mains" – Rantoul Press (January 06, 2015)