- The next scheduled RPC Commission meeting will be Friday, November 21, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. in the John Dimit Conference Room, Brookens Administrative Center.
News, Updates, and Events
Planning & Community Development
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) collection options for residents. Learn about the CCRPC project to identify a strategy to improve HHW collection options in a seven-county area of east central Illinois. Visit the project website at hhw-ccrpc.info for information about potential local initiatives for review.
- Area residents have limited local options to recycle unwanted televisions and tube monitors. Click here to find out where to take these.
- Sustainable Choices 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan 30-Day Public Comment Period October 1 - October 31, 2014. Please click here for viewing locations and for more information.
- Many Safe Walking Route Maps have been amended for 2014! For maps and safety tips, click here.
- The FY 2014 Listing of Federally Obligated Projects (FOP) was approved by the CUUATS Technical and Policy Committees in September 2014.
- The Final FY 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) was amended by the CUUATS Technical and Policy Committees in September 2014.
- The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is pleased to announce the release of the 2012 Champaign County Statistical Abstract. The abstract is available through the RPC website and a limited number of printed copies are available for $5.00.
- INVITATION FOR BID WEATHERIZATION MATERIAL BID NOTICE. All bid packets must be completed and returned to the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission office no later than 12:30PM on December 19, 2014. Click here to view the notice.
- Champaign County Continuum of Care Approves HUD NOFA FY14 Projects. Click here to view the list of approved projects.
- Beginning September 2nd, low-income seniors (60+) and persons with permanent disabilities can make appointments to receive Winter Heating Assistance through the LIHEAP program.
Those with pending disability status with Social Security are also eligible (must provide documentation).
For more details, Click here.
- Champaign County Continuum of Care conducts survey of the area's homeless population.
to view the official press release.
- The Champaign County Continuum of Care approved the priorities for funding for the HUD FY13 NOFA at its Tuesday, January 21st meeting.
The applications were ranked on review by the Executive Committee according to the criteria established at the Continuum’s December 2012 meeting,
three options for consideration were presented to the full Continuum, and the Continuum members eligible to vote established FY13 priorities using the
second option presented on the recommendations from the Executive Committee.
- The Weatherization ARRA project report is now here! Please
click here to view.
- The Housing Weatherization
program is now accepting applicants!