Planning & Community Development
Retrieve Census 2010 Data!
The United States Census Bureau will release Summary File 1 for the State of Illinois on August 4, 2011. This file contains data regarding the population, race, age, sex, households, families, group quarters, and housing. More information can be found at the Census Bureau website.
Local Census Data Summaries
Summary File 1 Quick Tables
- Age Groups and Sex
- Single Years of Age and Sex
- Race and Hispanic or Latino Origin
- Race, Combinations of Two Races, and Not Hispanic or Latino
- Race Alone or in Combination
- Race Alone or in Combination and Hispanic or Latino
- Race Reporting for the American Indian and Alaska Native Population by Selected Tribes
- Race Reporting for the Asian Population by Selected Categories
- Race Reporting for the Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander Population by Selected Categories
- Hispanic or Latino by Type
- Households and Families
- Household Relationship and Group Quarters Population
- Group Quarters Population by Sex, Age, and Type of Group Quarters
- General Housing Characteristics
- Tenure, Household Size, and Age of Householder
- Household Population and Household Type by Tenure
2010 Census Geography Maps
The Census geographies maps include map layers that can be turned on and off to view different geographies like Census Blocks, Block Groups, and Tracts. You may wish to use this feature to make the map easier to read. This can be accomplished by navigating through the following menu options. View ->Navigation Panels -> Layers
Census 2010 Redistricting Data Summary
On February 15, 2011, the U.S. Census Bureau released the Redistricting Data (P.L. 94-171) Summary File for the State of Illinois. This data contains population counts for race and ethnicity as well as housing unit counts by occupancy status for the Census Block level geography. This data was summarized for all incorporated areas in Champaign County.
Resources for Additional Information
If you are interested in additional information, several methods are available for retrieving Census 2010 data.
American Factfinder is a searchable interface that provides access to summary and detailed tables. Search topics include keywords, predefined topics, geography, industry and others. Data can be downloaded in various formats.
The Census Bureau FTP site contains full datasets by state. Instructions will become available for use with standard database software programs. File size for the State of Illinois is expected to be 5.6 Mb.