Champaign County Head Start/Early Head Start provides support services expectant families living within Champaign County. Each expectant family is assigned a Family Advocate who will offer resources and support.
Supports for Expectant Families:
- Opportunities for mothers and fathers to explore the joys and address the challenges of parenthood.
- Visits to the family’s home fully involving entire family.
- Prenatal Education and Planning: Partners for Healthy Babies Curriculum
- Fetal Development
- Labor and Delivery
- Risks of smoking and alcohol/drugs
- Benefits of breast feeding
- and much, much more
- Support in accessing prenatal and post-partum care.
- Support to parents in accessing dental services.
- Post-natal transition planning to appropriate childcare options:
- Childcare Center
- Home Base
- Family Childcare Home
In order for you to be considered for the Early Head Start expectant family option, please provide the following information:
- Completed Application
- Income Information: Please submit a copy of all the income your
family receives. Income information may be presented in one of the following forms:
- the most recent 1040 Tax Return,
- a current W-2,
- two most recent/consecutive check stubs,
- a Public Aid printout,
- a statement of earnings from employer,
- SSI award,
- or child support documentation, etc.