What is Home-Based Head Start/Early Head Start? Families enrolled for home-based services receive:
- Year-round programming with weekly visits from a Home Base Teacher
- Socializations twice a month, with lunch and transportation provided. (Children under the age of 3 must be accompanied by a parent.)
- A chance for parents to be actively involved in their child’s education. Parents help plan visits, engage in activities at home with their child, help set goals for their child among other ways to participate.
- Family support services to help set goals and gain access to community resources.
- Access to dental services through the SmileHealthy program for all members of the enrolled child’s immediate family.
The home-based program option benefits families who:
- Meet Head Start/Early Head Start Federal income eligibility requirements.
- have a child ages 6 weeks through kindergarten entry age.
- might live too far from a Champaign County Head Start/Early Head Start classroom center to consider a center-based placement.