Parent involvement is an essential part of Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Head Start/Early Head Start is a family-driven and family-focused program.
- Parents are partners in planning, governance, and day-to-day operations of the program.
- Each family has an opportunity to partner with a family advocate/home visitor/mentor to identify their family’s strengths, needs and goals.
- Family Services staff is available to assist with referrals, emergency assistance, and or crisis intervention.
- Programming emphasizes including fathers or other males significant in a child’s life.
- Child, family and couples counseling is available.