- Head Start/Early Head Start is a Federal program for child and family development.
- Focuses on ensuring children’s cognitive, social-emotional and health readiness for kindergarten.
- Promotes family strengths for long term benefit to child and family.
- Serves families with children from birth to kindergarten age and pregnant mothers.
- $5 Million Budget: Head Start, Early Head Start, IL State Board of Education (ISBE), Child-Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Full-day Child Care, Champaign County Developmental Disabilities Board.
- 106 Staff: 62 teaching staff, 12 family advocates, 6 bus drivers, 3 cooks, 3 clerks, 4 partnership mentors, 1 family services specialist, a mental health specialist, a secretary and 13 managers.